Urban Policy and Research Program (UPReP)
The Urban Policy and Research Program (UPReP) is the UChicago Institute of Politics’ academic year internship program that offers students substantive, paid internship opportunities in policy, research, data analysis, and public service with Chicago-based city, state, and federal government agencies. In partnership with the University of Chicago’s Urban Education Lab, the IOP developed, manages, and funds this program, which provides students the opportunity to leverage their intensive UChicago education to tackle complex urban challenges while also receiving financial support and access to exclusive events and career advancement opportunities.
UPReP internships, open to undergraduate and graduate students, run from October to June every year. Students are paid a $2,000 stipend for the internship.
This program is made possible through the generous support of the Irving Harris Foundation.
The UPReP application will be available on August 31, 2018 at 12:00 PM CT.
- Please review the job description here.
- In addition, all applicants must complete the UPReP Skills Survey.
- Applications are due by October 5, 2018 at 6:00 PM CT
UPReP internships benefit students, participating Chicago area agencies and organizations, and the University of Chicago in several important ways:
- Local governments receive policy, data, and research analysis in a time of limited budgets.
- Students gain valuable hands-on experiences and skills to further their public service careers, and receive a $2,000 stipend for their work.
- The IOP accomplishes its mission of training the next generation of leaders in public service.
- The Urban Education Labs furthers its mission of providing insights from data-driven research to help agencies and non-profits develop innovative new approaches to reducing violence and improving our urban education systems.
- UChicago students make tangible contributions toward improving the quality of life throughout Chicago and beyond
Please contact Scott Davis, Program Coordinator of Career Development, at email@example.com with any questions.